You asked me…and yes, I did tell you to do that.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV
I asked some things of you as well. Did you remember?
- I asked you to repent and change your ways so they know how to.
- I asked you to forgive those who hurt you so they know how to.
- I asked you to live peacefully with all so they know how to.
- I asked you to humble yourself and pray and turn from evil so they know how to.
- I asked you to pray without stopping, so that they know how to.
- I asked you to be thankful and grateful in every situation, so that they know how to.
- I asked you to love them and you question their existence.
- I asked you to show them how to live righteously and you tell them without demonstration.
- I asked you to train and impart in them and you left them so you “could do you.”
- I asked you to be patient, and you are giving up on them.
- I asked you to introduce them to me but you can’t. Because you do not know me (you won’t make time to spend with me).
I understand that you did not have the example you felt you deserved while growing up to do what I have asked you, but you really did have the example. I gave you the example of what NOT to do. Yet and still, that should not prevent you. I’ll show you, if you just listen. Then you’ll experience my peace which surpasses any human understanding.
“and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7 NKJV
I gave you a gift and viewed it as a curse.
“Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.” Psalms 127:3 NLT
You have some things to ask of me and I am asking something of you…
Who is teaching your children to know me as their Lord and Savior?
Love without limits,