Over the past few days, the cityof Mileaukee, where I was born has experienced much civil unrest in our communities. So much so, that it has made national headlines. While I choose not to debate over politics, religious beliefs, education or society (well I choose not “debate” over anything), if you look at the state of this world, there is turmoil all over, even in our own personal lives. However, when tragedy occurs, people begin to form views of what should be done and what actions others should take, while they do nothing more than complain and not perform any actions themselves. The first action or reaction we all should have is to examine and change ourselves. Then we can help others:
“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.” Matthew 7:3-5 NLT
When everything negative seems to happen all at once; when it seems as if you cannot get a break. When you feel as if not only the wheels have fallen off, but also the windows, the frame and the engine, remember this:
A miracle can never present itself, if there is no problem.
- There was never a miracle without their being a problem, first.
- The man could not become seeing if he first was not blind from birth.
- The woman could not be made whole if she first didn’t have an issue of blood.
- The man could not wash and present himself to the priest had he not been diagnosed with leprosy.
- Jesus could never heal your soul had you not been hurt and left for spiritually dead by the enemy.
- Jesus could not make a way for you if you did not need a way to be made.
- Jesus could not leave His peace with you if there was not going to be some turmoil that you were going to experience in your life.
- I could not know Jesus as my PERSONAL savior if I had nothing to be rescued from.
- I could not know Jesus as the doctor in the operating room…FOUR times, had I not had to go through horrific experiences with c-sections for all of my children’s delivery into this world.
- I could NOT know Jesus as a heart fixer if my heart had not been broken.
But thanks be to GOD who always causes us to triumph…IF and only IF…we surrender our ways for His purpose.
“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffusesthe fragrance of His knowledge in every place.” II Corinthians 2:14 NKJV
Bae baeee you better learn how to make this walk with Jesus your lifestyle and not a passing trend to satisfy your current condition. Jesus is real!
“Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.” John 20:29-31 NKJV
When tragedy happens we must learn not to panic but to pray and believe. Then we wait for instructions from our Father to act on the directions He has given. Your pain has purpose. While in the midst of it all, we do not understand the purpose, but trust that the Lord will reveal the beauty behind your suffering. Jesus has a solution to your issue, if you have faith enough to ask Him and believe.
“Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23 NKJV