You don’t sing like you used to.
You don’t praise like you used to.
You don’t pray like you used to.
You don’t love like you used to.
You don’t seek like you used to.
- Has the noise of the world drowned the stillness of my voice?
- Have you listened to the voice of religious folk soo much that mine is irrelevant?
- Have your desires for a relationship with a man/woman surpassed your desire to have a relationship with me?
- Is the love and acceptance of others more important than the love I’ve given AND shown you?
- Has your personal desires superseded my purpose for you?
- Has the cares of this world, most of which you decided to get involved with, put out your passion to serve me?
- You really can go hours or days without having any thought of Me and it is because of me that you still have hours or days of life?
- Do you have ANY desire to spend time with me?
Your worship is so “dry”. Your private prayer feels cold and distant. You seem to be more concerned about physical health, well-being, and comfort than about the well-being and condition of your soul. The only thing I’ve done is been guilty of proving how much I really love you.
“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!” Revelation 2:4 NLT
So, as you sit around your tables with your family, smiling, taking pictures and posting them- remember when everyone has gone back to their normal routine, I am still here. When the comfort food is gone and you are left with your feelings missing “something,” it is because you are. You haven’t given yourself any spiritual food.
- I am the something that your spiritual being is craving but you continue to starve.
- I am the someone that can give you the fulfillment you crave.
- I am the source for your resource.
Stop placing distance between you and I, based on what YOU think I think of you. No matter what you’ve done, I’ll always love you. Now more than ever, I need you to know me. There will come a time when you will seek for me and only the words – my words that you have hidden in your heart, will comfort you. My enemy is becoming stronger because many have slowly distance themselves from me and they have no idea. If you do not wrap yourself in my love…he will deceive you and overtake you. Hurry please. I’ve been ready to bring you into my presence, but if I return now, you will not be with me. So I have delayed my return, just for you.
Return to me…and I’ll return to you!
Your Father- God, from the spiritual imagination of Kimberly Lock.
Oh my Father. I am thankful for your love, that you continue to demonstrate consistently and without failure. Forgive me, when I have said “no” when you said yes. Jesus, I give you my yes. Even when the work you require of me falls beyond my level of comfort. I recognize that someone’s soul cry may require me to stretch. When I am weak, you are strong through me.
Jesus, I am thankful for you! You know what you are doing. If a portion of that has to be done through me- so be it! Nothing else matters – I don’t matter without you. I have no purpose without you. I. Am. Nothing. Without. You.
“The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight. And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—” 2 Peter 3:9, 14-15 NLT