Before you are physically seen, thoughts of you fill the heart with joy. What will you look like? Whose mannerisms and features will you have the most? The emotion moves from excitement to amazement. Your feet and hands inwardly, pressing outwardly on the skin of your mother, proving that you are there. Your mother’s outer begins to expand because you are growing. Preparation is being made for your arrival. Actually, preparation had already been made through sleeping patterns, food choices, and emotions demonstrated by your mother, over the course of 9 months. She begins to build your behavioral patterns while you are still in the womb.
The time has arrived. To gaze into your eyes- to see what has been developing for 9 months, having no idea what physical traits you possess. Do you have one arm or two? What color are your eyes? What texture of hair you’ll have? If that’s not faith, I’m not sure what faith is.
Through your infant stages of life, you are solely reliant upon your parents. There is nothing you can do independently. As you grow, they teach you things that are necessary for survival and mobility- walking. Talking. The ability to choose. There is nothing they will not do for you. Even as you grow through stages of life: toddler, youth, adolescent, and adulthood, when you call them because you ran out of gas, they come running to ensure your safety. When you call because you got into some trouble, going contrary to what they taught you, after they may reprimand you (you even considered not calling. Why? You didn’t want to hear them mouthing off) they were grateful that you were safe and unharmed. They were there for your first disappointment. They were there for your first reward. They were there for your first heartbreak. They were there for your first school dance. They were there for your first educational degree.
But before they were there, I Am!
- Before you knew what a parent was, I am your Father.
- Before you were a twinkle in their eye, you were the apple of mine.
I am your Father. Do you think I do not care because you cannot behold me with the eyes I have given you for this earthly realm?
- I gave them the job to provide for you.
- I sent the approval for them to move in the house to provide shelter for you.
In case you do not know what a good Father is…
- A good father makes all the difference in a child’s life. He’s a pillar of strength, support and discipline. His work is endless and, oftentimes, thankless. But in the end, he is seeking to raise well-adjusted children.
- A good father loves his children, but he doesn’t let them get away with murder. He strongly disapproves of his children’s misdeeds, using tough love to prove a point. He does this through the power of his words.
- A good father makes it clear that repeated irresponsibility won’t be tolerated.
- A good father never lets his children take what they have for granted. From the food on the table to the good education.
- A good father will make his children see the value in everything they have. He doesn’t let his children treat him like an ATM.
- A good father also illustrates the importance of affection by professing and demonstrating his love.
- A good father knows that he must sacrifice his own comfort, which is why I sent you me in the flesh and He sacrificed himself for you (Jesus).
My child, now you know what a great Father does, because I have given you the example of what a great Father is.
Just thought I would share some of my thoughts I had while driving down the street during my me time on yesterday.
Oh Father- we thank you on today. You are the epitome of a Father. I praise you because of who you are. Thank you for being a loving Father.
Your grateful daughter.
9 thoughts on “My Child”
Love that DV! Touching….
I am His child. Amen!
Good morning sweet pea that was so touching you are so Amazing love ❤️ you
Amen for a great devotion so thankful to God for being my father when I think about what he have done for me in spite of many trials and tribulations but God only my father who brought me out who wouldn’t survive a father like him .thank U Sis❤️
Father thank You!!
God is the One and Only True Father. He Always gets it Right! Beautiful message WOG! I’m Always inspired by your messages. Stay blessed in the Lord! Selah!
Amen Lady Kim! So happy to know I’m His child!
Very well said….i want to look and act like my heavenly daddy
AMEN. Lady KIM. I Appreciate all of your devotion.I THANK the Lord for using you.Love you for sharing.