How many times have we blamed the Lord for bad situations in our lives?
How often have we gotten an “attitude” with God because we did not get what we wanted, when we wanted it and how we wanted The Lord to grant our request?
It is easy to blame someone or talk about someone who we feel is not physically present to defend themselves. We see it happen daily, which is how gossip occurs. A story is told about an event and if the key people in the event are not there, you can be certain that one of those people will be blamed. The difference here though is the Holy Spirit is everywhere and He hears and sees everything. Jesus told us who is behind all of the turmoil:
“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” John 10:10 NLT
We are so eager to question the Lord, His decisions and His whereabouts in our lives but…what if the Lord has some questions? Just what if He needed to ask you some questions such as:
- Where were you, when He needed someone to minister to the spiritual needs of a lost or hurting soul, but you talked about them?
- Where were you when God had a direct word for your situation, through His minister and you decided not to attend service?
- Where were you when God gave you a thought to read or study in His word, that would reaffirm and establish your relationship with Him, or something to use to encourage that person you would run into on that very same day (to prepare you for the conversation). Instead, you chose to do it later, only to forget the thought, go to bed, or watch your favorite show?
- Where were you when God needed you to speak His word into someone’s life but you chose to speak and transfer gossip about the man or woman of God?
- Where were you when God needed you to make the purpose He has given you a priority in your life, but instead you chose to place your personal agenda before His?
- Where were you when the Lord gave you clear direction on how to bless someone and now all of a sudden, you’re uncertain of His voice?
Where were you, when God needed YOU?
“The LORD looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God.” Psalms 14:2 NLT
Do we seek God out of a pure heart? Do we seek Him for favor with man or with Him? Do we seek Him for our own personal gain?
God has been there! No, He is here now, seeking for you! Where are you? He is seeking to save those who are lost. He desires for us to show the lost how they can be found- through our experiences.
Where are you?
“For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.” Luke 19:10 NLT