I fell on good ground. How can a fall be good? Isn’t this like an oxymoron- contradictory? How can a fall be good?
When you’re in a position of imbalance, unable to stand, you need assistance.
- It’s unfortunate that your heart was broken. It’s unfortunate that you loss your job.
- It’s unfortunate that your child strayed from the morals and values you instilled.
- It’s unfortunate that your life was threatened – but your life was not taken.
A fallen posture means that you needed some assistance.
- Now your ears are no longer dull of hearing the word of God.
- Now your heart is open to receive correction.
- Now the veil of sin can be removed and your spiritual eye is open to see the works of the flesh and the works of the spirit- just like Paul.
The fall prepares you for victory.
The Bible just man can fall 7 Times, but don’t count me out (Proverbs 24:16). Bae baeee…that 8th time, when I get up, I’m getting up in victory. I’m getting up in power. I’m getting ip in strength.
Why? Because the number 8 signifies resurrection and regeneration.
…and since the number 8 comes just after seven, which itself signifies completion, 8 is also associated with the beginning of a new era or that of a new order.
You need proof?
- When the whole earth was covered in floods, it was Noah the eighth person who stepped out on God’s word against the odds
- It is said in The Bible that Jesus rose on the first day of the next week from the day he was crucified. Thus again it was Eighth day which was chosen by God.
- When the prodigal son was in a pig pen, he fell to the shame of his sinful ways but when he came to himself, he stood up, and when back to his father.
You may have fallen, but don’t stay there. Get up! That fall was good and so was the ground you fell on.