“You have been asking me for a few things; true indeed, I did tell you that you could do that (Matthew 7:7). But…I asked some things of you as well. Did you forget?
- I asked you to love them that intentionally misuse you. (Matthew 5:44)
- I asked you to show them who I am by how you live. (Matthew 5:16)
- You can reward me by the fruit you produce (Psalms 127:3). I asked you to train and impart in them and you left them so you “could do you.” (Proverbs 22:6)
- I asked you to be patient, and you are giving up. (Psalms 40:1)
- I asked you to introduce others to me but how can you when you won’t spend time with me? (James 4:8)
I understand that when you were younger, you did not have someone physically present to demonstrate who I am; but those excuses are no more. Now that you are of age, I have introduced you to me. You know I have kept you. You know that I have loved you with an everlasting love. You know I have forgiven you. Stop placing the blame on others. Take back control of your life.
I gave you the power to get over anything or anyone who has come up against you. I asked you stop acting like the victim…I made you the victor. You are an over comer.
1 John 4:4 (NKJV)
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
You asked me for some things, and I have asked you for some things too. I always come through for you. You are the apple of my eye.
Zechariah 2:8 (NKJV)
For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.
When will you fulfill the requests I have of you?”
– A conversation I envision God having with His children. There is no need to ask what our Father desires of us. He already told us. It is now up to us to show Him just how much we love Him.