Let’s invoke a plan for an intentional prayer. You don’t need great swelling words; simply talk to your heavenly Father with respect and humility, as you would expect your children to talk to you.
The Five Finger Prayer
- The thumb is closest finger to you. Start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember.
- The next finger is the index. Pray for those who teach you, instruct you and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
- Next is the middle finger and stands the tallest. Remember our leaders, the governors and those who have authority. They need the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- The fourth finger is the ring finger. I have read (surprisingly) that this is our weakest finger. Spiritually speaking, it is the finger we give so much attention to and often causes us to give into temptation in an effort to find commitment and relationship with a spouse. Let this be a reminder to pray for the weakest, the sick, the loss, those feeling alone, and the hurting soul. They need our prayers.
- And finally, we have our smallest finger. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. When you are done praying for others, you will be able to see clearly, how to pray for yourself with the proper position (humility) and the proper perspective.
Psalm 62:5-8 New Living Translation (NLT) Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
And when you are uncertain of what to say, repeat this prayer. The prayer Jesus prayed was unselfish. Jesus addressed God as the Father of all. He reverenced God’s name, He asked for God’s will to be done. Jesus asked if God would to take care of our daily needs and to forgive those and we forgive others and that whatever temptation arises that God leads us away from it and delivers us from any attack of evil.
Matthew 6:9-13 New King James Version (NKJV) In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
Remember not to lose hope in times of crisis. This is when we see God move.
3 thoughts on “Five Finger Fight”
This is so AMSOME I never would have seen my fingers like that love you so much sweet pea 🙏🙏😘😘😘😘😘
That’s so deep! I’m learning so much with this ministry. Thank you First Lady for your powerful devotions and confirmations that you share with us. It is so helpful to my spiritual growth. Also thanks for staying connected regularly with us. It helps me stay focused. Love you ❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks Lady Kim for such and inspiring devotion.