The word of God shares with us how the Lord created Lucifer, also known as satan. Before he became evil (or evil was found in him), God created him to be a beautiful angel. The Bible says he was covered with every precious stone and precious jewels – some of which I have only read about in the Bible (Ezekiel 28:11-19). But then, satan became prideful and determined that he could be a god and have others worship him just as they worshiped God, our Father.
Isaiah 14:12-14 (NKJV) “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.
So, the enemy began his quest. He began talking to other angels about his plan but of course he would not prevail. He and his crew were casts out of Heaven to the Earth.
Revelation 12:7-9 (NKJV) And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
However, this exile did not stop satan. Satan’s plan was (and still is) to take God’s creation, who our Father has made in His image and likeness (which is us), trick us and make us follow him and exalt his kingdom of God’s kingdom.
I recall watching this movie that was released in 2008 called “Taken.” The main character is a former government official, who goes through great lengths to find his daughter and her best friend. The two teenagers were kidnapped by human traffickers while traveling in France. This man did everything to find the girls. He flew across the world, to foreign countries with different foreign policies, languages, rules and laws that were different from his native land (the U.S.). Nothing would stop him from being reunited and from taking back his daughter and her friend from the hands of an unknown enemy. I thought about this movie on yesterday and it reminded me of how much God loves us and I had an epiphany, or “ah-ha” moment.
It became so simple to me. I began to see how the enemy had taken us from our Father. We were kidnapped to perform evil acts. God, our Father became angry and would not stand for someone to take from him what was so precious in His eyes.
Isaiah 43:4-5 (NKJV) Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life.
The enemy began his plot of deception in the Garden of Eden. Then, God our Father, from Genesis to Revelations, began running hard after us:
- He chose specific people, who He found righteousness in, to save us from all the evil that was happening in the word (Noah)- Genesis chapters 6 and 7 .
- He chose specific people who He spoke mouth-to-mouth with (Numbers 12:5-10), and who He could trust to deliver His word, to give us a list of instructions (commandments – Exodus 20:1-17) that would help shape our character to be like our Heavenly Father (Moses).
- He proved He was with the children of Israel, by leading them during the day in a pillar of cloud, and by a pillar of fire by night (Exodus 13:21-22).
- He gave specific instructions on how sacrifices should be made for forgiveness of sins, through the shedding of blood of specific animals for cleansing. It was a temporary process until Jesus would be revealed (Leviticus 17:11). Why? Sin is of the devil. God is pure and again, the devil is His enemy.
- John 8:44 (NKJV) You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
- He will not be acquainted with anything that looks or behaves like His enemy. To be in God, our Father’s presence, we must be without sin because our Father is Holy.
Yet, something was missing. All of this was not enough. God, desired to be so close to us, so He was willing to sacrifice His only Son, to be created as we are, and become the ultimate sacrifice. Through the death of Jesus, God, sent back His own Holy Spirit to live on the inside of us to be ever so close to us and to never doubt His presence and love for us, His children.
God, our Father, went through great lengths to redeem us back to Him and to prove to us how much He loves us, desires to be with us and us with Him, and would not stop at nothing to protect us from satan. God can’t stand satan and is He wrong? Do you really care for your enemy? Without the grace of God and a mind to please Him…if there was no recognition of God or having a fear of Him, being accountable to Him and forgiving those who have offended you, that person that deliberately plotted to hurt you or your family would create feelings of hurt, anger, disgust and revenge in your heart. You would want to hurt them back.
Let me put it in simpler terms. How would you feel if someone stole something valuable from you? How would you feel if someone broke into your home? How would you feel if someone tried to kidnap one of your children? Think of all the feelings you have right now about the questions that I am raising, especially the last one. Now you understand why our Father HATES the enemy and why He is desperately trying to show you that all the evil and hurtful things you have experienced in this life are not from our Father – it is of the devil.
God has been trying to show us how evil satan is and what evil intentions he has planned behind the imagery of fun and power.
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV) The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
There is no hope for the enemy and he is trying to destroy your chances of hope. You may have not realized it until now and that’s okay. Come home. Your Father is waiting on you.
Romans 5:8 (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.