It’s a new year, the start of a new week and a new day. Things that can be easily done, are also easily taken for granted. For example, you wouldn’t think about not having the ability to intake air (breathing) unless you were suddenly faced with the challenge to do so – like anxiety, asthma, or an accident involving your lungs.
We simply cannot take life, breath and the act of moving for granted.
As we head towards the closure of the day, consider this:
- Someone is holding the hand of a loved one for the last time.
- Someone is sacrificing their life to bring forth life through child birth.
- Someone will close their eyes to lay themselves down to sleep, only to never open them.
Our life is not our own. It behooves us how we treat ourselves and others.
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
- What are you doing when you leave the grounds of the sanctuary?
- What are you saying when you get into your vehicle to yourself, your spouse, or whoever you carpooled with?
- Do you talk to your children differently in church than at home? You know, more harshly? A non-loving tone? Less patient? Abrasive in your speech?
- Are you wishing, pleading and praying that your co-worker loses the job, so the two of you have no more dealings (but wait! What if that’s the person you need to reach and to display the character of Jesus to)?
- What are you thinking and saying in your mind, but have not verbally stated? Oh yeah, He knows your thoughts also:
Psalm 139:2 (NKJV)
You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
What are you doing in the presence of God?
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
7 thoughts on “What are You Doing”
Good word! It really makes you think about your thoughts.
I love it! Makes me focus on me and my own thoughts and actions. Reflection leads to evaluation.
Thanks its conformation.to my reading stand fast! be careful -for Nothing!! Philippians 4- 20 thanks sis ! Happy new year! !!
Great devotion sis thanks
Thanks i needed to read this…Bleed the blood of Jesus over my mind and mouth….
Amen! Awesome word!