Have you ever been at the checkout counter and realized that you forgot something? If someone was there with you, you’d ask them to remain in line so that you don’t lose your place.
What is so amazing is that we have this same mentality with the Lord.
“Hey Lord! Sit here while I do what I want. I’ll be right back.” The kicker is that we expect Him to stay and wait until we finish fulfilling our lustful desires, without having any spiritual consequences for our behavior. Then, when we are good and ready, we come back to the Lord, expect Him to give us everythibg that we desire, be able to get back into the SAME position, and not lose our “spot.”
How is it that we except and expect discipline from earthly parents but reject the discipline of our Heavenly Father?
“If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?” Hebrews 12:7-9 NKJV
- “Lord stay here, while I go hang with my friends who don’t even acknowledge you. I’ll be back.”
- “Lord, just a minute. This guy caught my attention. I know he says he doesn’t believe in “all that” church stuff butI believe that I can show him the way. I can get Him saved. I’ll check him out and I’ll be right back.”
Remember that checkout line I talked about earlier? You went back for one thing, passed down another aisle and then realized that you forgot the milk. By the time you returned to the counter, your hands are filled with stuff.The person with you had to let others get in front of your position to keep the line moving.
Why chance getting passed over? By the time you return, you have 7 other spirits more wicked than the first issue you were dealing with (Matthew 12:43-45).
Let’s not place the Spirit on hold in our lives. Someone’s spiritual birth (even if it’s your own) is depending on you.
- There are miracles yet to be performed.
- There is someone crying to know Jesus and not religion.
- There is someone who truly believes that Jesus is real but he/she need the proper introduction. Unfortunately, some of us have put Jesus on hold.
The Lord has granted us mercy and grace through our Savior, Jesus Christ.
“he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.” Titus 3:5-7 NLT