Our mind produces so many visions and dreams.
- When I was in elementary school, I envisioned how big the kids would look in middle school.
- When I was in middle school, I envisioned the kids would be even bigger in high school. 😱
- When my mom and I moved from Milwaukee to Little Rock, I envisioned how much I would hate it (without even giving it a fighting chance, but it wasn’t all so bad).
- When I was planning my life and how it would be as a college student, I envisioned being horrified, only 16 years old and a virgin, among adults who looked like the Jolly Green Giant.
- When I was single, I envisioned how my life would look as being married- boy was I wrong.
We have visions for our future, our careers, our children and retirement. I mean, after all, God even said:
“Then the LORD answered me and said: Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.” Habakkuk 2:2-3 NKJV
We have a vision for everrrryyyyy thing. But…what about a vision for how you would like your day to start and end with The Lord?
Did you invite Him into the high-profile meeting you had today on the job?
Did you welcome Him in to request His protection?
Did you speak with Him today or have any conversation or produce any sentences which did not involve asking Him to do something for you?
Stop. Acknowledge him. If you have abandoned your ways to live by the principles your Father has set up, then you are in a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, who sent the aid of the Holy Spirit to help us with this relationship. Why not talk to the one who we say we live for?
“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?” Luke 6:46 NKJV
It is a parental relationship that requires conversing. He is with us all the time but imagine how uninvited He feels? Just, invite him in.
“Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” John 14:23 NKJV
What vision are you writing? Does it entail being so close to God that He trusts you to carry out Kingdom Business- saving souls. Is it a vision where if you ask anything, as Moses did (Lord if I find favor in your sight…) the Lord will adhere to your request? Does your vision involve the Lord answering you – midstream, while you are still talking?
What vision are you writing?