What drives you? What provokes you to react? Consider these statements below:
The thoughts that you had that were from a kingdom but not THE Kingdom.
- The verbiage that you spoke with negative intentions.
- The revengeful actions you took.
- The conversations you participated in, which were predicated on heresy.
- The temptation that you gave into anyway…
- The dispassionate effort you give to be a living sacrifice.
- The complaints that you make- not recognizing the blessings that you have.
- The confusion and discord that you caused.
- The unseasoned, graceless words you spoke (Colossians 4:6).
Would we be entangled in any of these things…if God was right there? I mean literally, standing on the right side of us?
Well, He is.
“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.”John 14:16-17 ESV
If we place The Lord (and His word) in front of us, we would not succumb to the things aforementioned.
“I always put the LORD in front of me; I will not stumble because he is on my right side.” Psalms 16:8 CEB
Who is leading who?